Friday, August 13, 2004

Self-pity, the new black

Isn't wallowing in self-pity pretty on just about everyone?

I got some disappointing news from my doctor yesterday. The ovarian cyst she's been watching doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I had a third ultrasound on Tuesday and she's pretty sure it is an endometria that will need to be removed surgically. She said we could wait 6 to 8 weeks and watch it -- but she doesn't think it'll go away -- plus we do have "the age factor". @@

So unless by some miracle I get pregnant this month (I did get a peak on my OPK on days 13 and 14 but no follie showed up on the ultrasound -- but maybe it was hiding behind the enormous cyst that has taken over my ovary?? Could happen, right??) I'll be having surgery in early September.

I know in the whole scheme of things this isn't horrible or tragic but it does mean that another month or two will go by with absolutely no chance of making a baby. That makes me sad, mad and feel really sorry for myself.

Enough from me -- I'm off to schedule a date with a surgeon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home