Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I can't look

When we lost our little girl (two years ago next week) the wonderful nurses put together a memory box with pictures of her and her footprints. But I've never looked. I did when I was just back from the hospital and still so numb -- but not since then.

I keep wondering when I'll be able to look and what it means that I can't. They are in a box with all the cards and letters we got from friends and family. There's a stuffed animal (her first present from a dear friend) sitting on top. I look at the box everyday. I know what's in there, I just can't bring myself to open it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

I just lost my little girl 4 weeks and 2 days ago. I was 20 weeks and 6 days, I too suffered from an "incompetent cervix". My doctor saw that there was a possible problem at 10 weeks and 4 days but did nothing to help. I am so glad I found your blog, especially since you eventually were able to carry a baby to term without your cervix acting up. It give me hope.

11:09 AM, March 18, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home