Friday, April 18, 2008

T minus 6

In six days we have our first appointment.

When I spoke to my doctor she was laughing...a lot. The morning after I tested positive I called the doctor on call and he prescribed pro*metrium since I was on it last go round. Since my progesterone levels were covered the doctor agreed to wait a couple of weeks to see me.

I pushed for a couple of weeks because nothing is worse than being in a wait and see mode with an ultrasound. It is so awful to be told -- well, it looks like things are developing but we really can't tell anything. It is too early for a heartbeat, too early for anything concrete so come back in a week. I currently know everything they could tell me at an appointment -- and I'm still wearing pants.

At our appointment I'll be 7 weeks 5 days. I'm so hopeful we'll see the little flicker of a heartbeat.

Other than being exhausted I'm feeling pretty good. We just got back from a trip to DC and NYC where Spencer announced "mommy has a baby in her tummy; daddy does not." We've been careful not to talk about the pregnancy in front of him so his comment floored us. His pal's momma is pregnant so I suspect that's where it came from.

So, in a week I'll know more. Waiting is hard. I'm nervous. But I also know that what happens next week is out of my hands so I have to just hope for the best.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping all is well :-)

1:18 PM, April 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home