Friday, September 17, 2004

Primping for the OR -- a confession

I fear I've betrayed my sisters. I didn't actually plan this but somehow, I ended up primping before surgery.

I jumped in the shower yesterday morning since I didn't know when I'd feel up to taking one after and it all started. I shaved my legs and pummiced my heels. Then blow dried and styled my hair -- including using the flattening iron because you can't have frizzy hair in the operating room, can you?

I drew the line at perfume. I would never go that far. Plus it might mix funny with the coconut scented Kiehls lotion I slathered all over my body.

I'm so ashamed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

No need to be ashamed--there's nothing wrong with a gal wanting to look or feel pretty even in the OR!

I'm may have betrayed our sisters too since I shaved, pummiced, lotioned, etc., before both my lap and my D&C. I just figured I'd at least look and smell good for a roomful of strangers who'd have the pleasure of looking at (and up) my hootch.

Now I'm off to go look for the coconut scented Kiehl's lotion you mentioned--sounds yummy!

7:08 PM, September 17, 2004  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home