Monday, February 13, 2006

Really Scary Virus

My boyo laughed for the first time in three days.

He has RSV which has been the source of much sleepless terror in our household over the last few days. We've been making daily trips to the doctor even though I know that nothing can be done. I don't want to be the party who could have done more so when he gets worse we go back. I need to be sure that I really am only imagining his lips are blue.

I do think we are making progress, he has only thrown up twice today from coughing so hard and he laughed out loud. Poor bug.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

Goodness, we went through that too. Nasty, they get better after three days and the cough lingers and you can only do it one day at a time.
It amazed me how much my heart broke when my little one felt so bad.
And I am sorry about the house, but I am sure something wonderful and fabulous will come your way!

8:18 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger KMW said...

Hi Sarah,
thanks for this blog! I have a similar story and seem to be a year behind you. I am just recovering from my cerclage this week, thanks for giving hope for a happy ending!

1:19 PM, February 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah:

I have enjoyed your site. I have been diagnosed with an incompetent cervix. (However, I am in no way an incompetent person, a man HAD to have come up with this name) I was having an uneventful pregnancy until 24 weeks when I began having painless dilation. When I got to the hospital I was dilated 4 cm. I had an emergent cerclage placed and was on bedrest for 3 days. On the third day my water broke and my son was born at 25.1 weeks. He was thriving in the NICU for a month but developed an infection and succumbed to the infection on 08/31/05. We will hope to try again this spring. Your story does give me renewed hope for a successful pregnancy.

6:17 AM, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home