Monday, August 22, 2005

Cervix of Steel?

Fascinating.

My incompetent cervix is apparently quite competent, overly competent even.

After spending months making sure the baby didn't fall out, he's evidently not coming out -- ever! I'm now a few days past my due date and there are no signs yet that he'll be making an appearance any time soon. I have an ultrasound and NST tomorrow and then we'll decide what to do. My doctor is back on August 30th and we discussed before she left that we'll induce if he's not here by then. Hopefully the boy will decide to show up on his own.

Plus I thought I was having a Leo and now I'm having a Virgo. I don't really follow astrology too much so I'm not even sure what that means. But somehow it seems relevant in an irrelevant sort of way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traditional Virgo Traits

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
Intelligent and analytical


Maybe he's just shy?

4:30 AM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Blair said...

They warned me that this may be a possibility when I was in the hospital... the posibility being that the scar tissue from the cerclage prevents a delivery, though it just sounds like the boy is not ready to come yet... 7 more days til your doc gets back... everything will be fine.
Induction is not that bad... and opt for an epidural if that is your bent.

10:27 AM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Hostile in Ohio said...

Best of luck, hopefully soon. If you wanted, there are things you could try at home rather than what the hospital will do.

The cerclage scar tissue doesn't usually prevent delivery, at least as I understand it, it merely makes it take longer to fully dilate because of the scar tissue stretching.

Many women and doctors end up opting for a section because of how long it can take.

My best wishes for you!

1:57 PM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Hostile in Ohio said...

Just wondering how you're doing, if you're cervix is still playing super-cervix...

Hope everything is going well.

12:09 PM, August 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home