Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Latest Stats

I'm 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced at 38 1/2 weeks. Just about the same as last week.

We saw my doctor yesterday for probably the last time until after the baby arrives. She leaves on vacation on Saturday for two weeks. Unless I go more than a week late, she's going to miss the wee lad's arrival. Makes me sad since she's been with us from the beginning. I know she's disappointed too -- and even sheepishly brought up induction as a possibility if I was open to it. I'm not. If there was a medical reason I'd have the conversation, but an elective induction because she's going on vacation? That's just not something I can consider.

The thing I'm most excited about today is our new puppy! My husband flies up to Seattle first thing in the morning and will be back with a puppy by 2:30 or so. I can't wait! She's a 12 week old Westie and I think it is awesome that both she and the boy will be showing up around the same time. We'll see if I feel the same way in a few weeks. But in the meantime I'm imagining my house as the most fun place to be in the world -- a puppy AND a baby? I'm so excited!

And you'd think with all these great things happening I'd be in the best mood ever. I am for the most part, but I have developed a bitchy streak. Things come out of my mouth and I see my husband cringe a little and tiptoe away. I don't mean to be grumpy, really, it just happens. I think because I'm getting more and more uncomfortable but still, no good reasons be a bitch, and absolutely no reason to take it out on him. Must be nicer to the sweetest man in the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hostile in Ohio said...

Sadly that bitchiness hits most people towards the end :-) Best of luck!

7:54 AM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Sharon said...

Well, you call it bitchiness but I'd say it's probably just the excitement/stress/anticipation building up really....don't be too hard on yourself.

4:16 PM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home