Thursday, March 31, 2005

Phew

We finally got the amnio results today. He's perfect!

I don't think I realized how nervous I was about it until I got the call and felt such an overwhelming sense of relief. The genetic counselor was great, and I'm sure enjoys giving good news. I can't imagine having to deliver bad news to couples, and it makes me catch my breath to think what getting that news must be like.

It seems that I'm now out of excuses for keeping news of this pregnancy to myself. I was pretty good at coming up with reasons not to tell people earlier, and then once we had the amnio it seemed silly to tell people before we got the results.

So here I am at just about 20 weeks, more pregnant than I've ever been before, with a healthy boy growing in my belly and only one thing left to worry about -- making him stay put. It makes me almost giddy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Hear, hear! Lovely news. I've been following your cervix and you - well and the rest of it.

1:39 PM, April 01, 2005  
Blogger Blair said...

How wonderful!
I was the same way, and then a part of me was worried the doctor would spare me bad news because the bed rest had been so awful...
I was a paranoid pregnant woman!
Hope you are spared such evil.

7:00 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Sharon said...

I am so happy to hear this. I have been keeping you in my thoughts!

4:25 AM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger Chan said...

Now you can shout it from the rooftops! I would love to read about some of your friends reactions to the news...those cautiously cheerful and those just out and out overjoyed for you. I'm over the moon to hear about your wonderful news....

6:17 PM, April 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home