Sunday, January 02, 2005

And with a flicker it begins

We saw the heartbeat. The baby is measuring precisely the right size and all seems to be going as it should. The ultrasound tech said that the area that was causing the spotting before was "very well organized." Maybe the fact that I'm really unorganized made it impossible for me to understand what the hell she was talking about. I don't get it, but I'm still pleased with the results.

I go back in another week for ultrasound number three and my first real appointment with my doctor. We've got a lot of ground to cover including discussing which perinatologist to work with, scheduling the cerclage placement, discussions of bedrest, which hospital has the best NICU etc.

I've only had two years to figure all this stuff out but I just haven't. It never felt like we'd get this far -- but here we are. Scary but pretty exciting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Glad to hear that the good news keeps coming--here's hoping there's plenty more of it as things progress!

4:48 AM, January 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We're here to worry with you for the next nine months! Natalie

1:26 PM, January 10, 2005  
Blogger DeadBug said...

So glad everything's proceeding smoothly for now; hope the big decisions (hospital, bedrest, etc.) come without too much stress.

Hoping for an uneventful pregnancy for you!

--Bugs

8:13 PM, January 12, 2005  
Blogger Tara said...

I too have an incompetent cervix. (I hate that phrase too.) We lost our baby boy this past September at 16 weeks. Reading about your success at getting pregnant has given me a lot of hope. Good luck with everything.

2:23 PM, January 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home