Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Do you have any kids?

I was at a board dinner tonight for work and was asked, innocently enough, by the man sitting next to me at dinner if I have any kids.

I hate that question.

A million thoughts go rushing through my mind on what to say which makes me nuts. Why do I overthink this one? If I think about it, will the answer change? Sadly, the answer is really, really easy. No, damn it, I don't.

Instead I replied "no, just a dog." He doen't care if I have a dog -- he probably doesn't even care if I have kids. And besides all that, my dog isn't just a dog, she's the best dog ever.

I hate that question.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop living my life. No seriously, I hate that question. I oft have responded, "yes, they are both in heaven." It really shuts one up, pretty quick.

9:08 PM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home