Wednesday, October 13, 2004

An LA moment

I didn't grow up in LA so I don't really understand the whole "Hollywood Thing." You see it at every turn here because of star sightings, and if they aren't stars yet, they have had the surgery to get where they want to go. My claims to fame are that my dermatologist is the one on Extreme Makeovers (she was my doctor first) and my ob/gyn delivers the babies of the ER stars, but so far not mine.

Back to my LA moment...at work today a woman who just started left a meeting with a colleague and exclaimed to another "I hear you did commercials as a child, so did I!" They exchanged their credits and one by one people emerged from their offices to share their experiences. One was a "pseudo stage mom" because she never cared and the daughter wasn't great. Another has a daughter who has kicked ass in Hollywood and earned enough money for a private college and grad school. Out of an office of five, I was a team of one. I live in a strange place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home