Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The often overlooked ankle/uterus connection

I finally got in to see an orthopedist today to look at my ankle/foot. Since I was a new patient there I had to fill out a form about my medical history.

My question is this, what do pregnancies and miscarriages have to with my foot? I was really surprised to have to answer reproductive-related questions -- the form read: How many pregnancies? How many miscarriages? How many children? My score was 2 pregnancies; 1 miscarriage; 0 children. I needed a box marked other so I could explain about the loss I suffered at almost 5 months that wasn't a miscarriage because it was so late. But don't worry, we now know I have an incompetent cervix so we'll know what to do...and then there's the cyst they just removed and the clomid I'll start next cycle. Did they want to know about bed rest?

OF COURSE NOT! I was there about my freaking foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home