Sunday, October 03, 2004

Pain not found in the "Ladies Place"

Who knew you could need a doctor for something not related to miscarriages, childbirth, fertility?

I wiped out my ankle and maybe fractured my foot Friday night and ended up at the urgent care part of the hospital on Saturday. They asked for my doctor's name and I could barely remember the name of my used-to-be doctor who referred me to my ob/gyn/fertility doc. Since then, the only things requiring medical assistance happen in the "ladies place."

Imagine that they didn't care that I had a laparoscopic cystectomy two weeks ago! Could have cared less where I was in my cycle! Pregnant! Yes or no? All these questions asked just after they manhandled my mangled foot and scampered from the room to push the x-ray button.

Luckily, they did care a little about the "ladies place" and tossed a metal lap apron my way as they ran from the room.

On another note, vicodin is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home