Friday, October 15, 2004

Practically a doctor

I work around a lot of doctors and have a medical dictionary at my desk so I have thought of myself as practically a doctor for a while. I was kind of joking -- but I think I know more about reproduction than mnay ob/gyns. Scary.

I was talking to a friend who is many months into the ttc journey without luck thus far. She is in her early 30's. After trying for 9 months her doctor didn't ask any questions or give her any tips, just said keep having sex and come back after a year. After talking to her I can already say her cycles are too short and she likely has a luteal phase defect. I'll bet money that after the bell goes ding on a year she'll take clomid and maybe progesterone and get knocked up on her first or second cycle. Her doctor didn't suggest monitoring her cycle or keeping track -- which I don't understand? Why wait for the bell to start paying attention?

So, I gave her some sage advice and a suggested course of action -- and when she has that baby she better hope I have one too or I'll be furious!

Anyway, it just strikes me as such an unfortunate thing. I just wanted to have a baby, not become a doctor.

1 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Sarah,

Because your blog doesn't have trackbacks, I just wanted to let you know this post has been included in the latest edition of The Sunday Post.

http://www.jellybelly-jj.com/archives/2004/10/24/the-sunday-post-vol-i-iss-viii-double-edition/

1:38 PM, October 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home