Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Operation Baby Jail

My surgery is tomorrow. I'm nervous about having it done, but I think I'm even more nervous about not having a cerclage. For some reason I think having the cerclage will make me feel less nervous about losing this pregnancy. Ha, I'm funny!

Heard from the perinatologist with results from all the cultures he took. I. in fact, do have a couple of infections -- just the things he was looking for. He believes now that infection played a role in my last loss and once these are taken care of, the changes to my cervix will stop happening. I hope he's right!

Bedrest starts in earnest tomorrow -- at least through the weekend. I bought a Lazyboy, have a wireless laptop and am a member of netflix. It will be a short glimpse at what my next 6 months will be like. Wheee!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Best of luck to you with the surgery and the subsequent bed rest! It sounds like you've got a good plan of action and I'll be thinking of you....

5:35 AM, February 16, 2005  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Hoping the cerclage surgery went well. And also hoping you're enjoying that bedrest!

--Bugs

5:28 PM, February 18, 2005  
Blogger Blair said...

I hope the surgery went well. These are anxious times. Learn to ask for help, even from semi-strangers. Reasearch something, read, set a routine (the most important) and feel free to email me if you want), get a sidelines volunteer, don't worry about bugging people, it is ok to cry about being on bedrest. Get several instant messengers and use them with people you know and love to keep yourself active. Go baby shopping online... OH hon, I am here if you need a voice that knows how hard that much bed rest can be.

6:01 AM, February 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home