Sunday, January 23, 2005

Semantics for some

I'm pregnant; I'm not having a baby. I hope I'm having a baby -- that's the end goal. But as of today, I'm pregnant and that's as far as I'll go.

We've started to tell a few people about this pregnancy and in expressing their excitement they've said, "you're having a baby -- a baby!" These are people who are no strangers to our situation. They know as well as I do that I DO get pregnant, I just don't have babies. And it makes me uncomfortable. I feel the need to gently prepare them for the darkness that may be ahead of us -- all the what ifs. I wonder when I'll be able to share their confidence.

On another note, we went and looked at Lazy Boys today. I figure if I'm going to be sitting on my ass for 5 months I may as well be comfortable. I'd like the model with the bult in fridge and catheter -- but I don't think they make that yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger JenP said...

Just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to wish you the best of luck in getting that recliner made. I mean, if they can hook up wireless internet to a bloody chair, you'd think a catheter would be the next addition!!

Best wishes.

12:53 AM, January 24, 2005  
Blogger Ana said...

I know what you mean, it's hard to explain to other people that getting pregnant is not the same as having a baby. Hang in there!

6:48 AM, February 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked you told people. We are ttc and have decided to wait until have the cerclage to tell even our family. Too much pressure, too much heartbreak.

9:13 PM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home