Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Lockdown complete

The surgery went surprisingly well.

The worst part of all was the anesthesia and it was really unpleasant. It took the anesthesiologis seven (uh huh, seven) failed attempts at putting in the epidural before he switched to a spinal. At one point he asked the surgeons to leave if they were going to talk. Nice. I don't know who was more relieved when he finally got it in. Makes me want to consider a natural birth.

I didn't have much bleeding or any cramping after the surgery -- but my back hurt like shit. I was bruised and battered but I figure if that's the worst thing to come out of this I got lucky.

I spent the weekend basically on bedrest and it basically sucked! The one thing I have to figure out is how to read/use my laptop while reclining without straining my neck.

Back to work today for the next couple of weeks. I'm relieved to have this part of things behind me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

So glad to hear that the lockdown was a success--but sorry to hear that your back bore the brunt of it. Hopefully it's feeling better now. Good luck with resuming work--and I hope all continues going smoothly, you certainly deserve it!

6:22 AM, February 23, 2005  
Blogger Blair said...

Your back may never be the same. I am thrilled to hear all went well though, and you are at work!!! You lucky dog you!!

9:24 PM, February 23, 2005  
Blogger Sharon said...

I have been reading your blog almost since you started it and have kept you in my thoughts and sent you all my good wishes.

...and I am continuing to do so.

4:03 PM, February 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home