Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Wondering if the shoe will fit

In the next couple of weeks my status in life will change forever. I'm going to become somebody's momma -- and that status won't change for the rest of my life.

What a profound and amazing thing. The enormity of it all is staggering and exciting at the same time. I want to raise the kind of man any woman would be lucky to find. I want him to be kind, loving and respectful. I hope he's smart and funny. And I hope he loves me half as much as I already love him.

What an amazing gift to be able to help someone figure out who they are gong to be. I hope we don't mess this up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hostile in Ohio said...

Well good news and bad news. The bad news - you will mess up, we all do :-). The good news - kids are mighty resilient.

In other words, the shoe will fit, but it will sometimes feel too tight or too loose or otherwise chaff, but only sometimes :-) The rest of the time...I can't explain how wonderful it is.

12:37 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Blair said...

Angela said it perfectly!
The other part is forgiving yourself when you think you have messed up! Sometimes, that is teh hardest part!
My advice for the first few weeks - sleep whenever you can!
Can't wait to hear about the birth!
Very happy for you that this went so well!

6:20 AM, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home