Thursday, August 04, 2005

Somebody boil water

I seem to be one of the few people in my life who isn't convinced that a baby is going to fall from my loins at any minute. Can they see something I can't see? Are there baby parts dangling?

My due date is in two weeks and I think we have the critical stuff done. We got the car seat installed yesterday, we have a co-sleeper, we got our first delivery of cloth diapers, I have boobs (in case there is any doubt there, they are big enough to require their own zip code) and we have some fabulous baby attire and blankets, do we have blankets. So, as far as I can tell, we're ready.

And if he waits awhile, which I think he will, we'll be even more ready. There are workers at my house today and tomorrow re-plastering the bathroom and painting the nursery. There's a dresser and crib (sans mattress) in the garage. And I have boobs -- did I mention that?

I'm still working and when anyone asks when I'm due their eyes get all crazy big and they start looking for sheets to tear and water to boil. I feel like I'm missing something here. What should I be panicking about? There's a lot of unknown ahead, but hyperventilating isn't going to help matters -- and it just might make me dizzy.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did have a lot of contractions last night that made me think I ought to think about packing a bag for the hospital. Maybe tomorrow.

I think I might be in denial about what's coming my way!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you're staying so calm. I hope you and your boobs get to enjoy the next few weeks.

10:21 PM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger Hostile in Ohio said...

Okay, SO?? How's it going over there??

6:19 AM, August 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

11:06 PM, August 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home