Friday, March 17, 2006

Literally heartbreaking

On the cover of last Sunday's Los Angeles Times was the photo of a man listening to a baby's heart through a stethoscope. The baby wasn't his, the baby's heart was.

There was a tragedy in Florida that saved the life of a baby in Los Angeles. The baby in Florida was accidentally smothered by a pillow. He was in a vegetative state and his parents pulled the plug and donated his organs. Because of that, another baby gets to live.

I admire the parents of the boy for their selflessness. But I can't imagine listening to the heart of your baby beating inside another. I just can't.

Reading the article made me weep and I can't talk about it without crying. My heart just aches for the parents. I'm haunted by this sad, sad story and I can't get the image of the father out of my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home