Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Solid Food Scorecard


Spencer has been eating solid foods for a couple of weeks now. We haven't been particularly successful at introducing many foods, but he is currently a big fan of sweet potatoes and peas. It seems that all foods make him gassy so we've started giving him mylicon. It makes me wonder if maybe his little belly isn't ready. He's totally into the foods he's eating -- just has had some adverse reactions.

The Scorecard:

Rice Cereal: Very, very bad. Major constipation and gas.

Sweet potatoes: Good.

Carrots: Bad. Very gassy and screaming with his back arched.

Green Beans: Very Bad. Started screaming and threw up.

Peas: Good.

Next up oatmeal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

just a clue on the mylicon thing... if you have a wharehouse card, try ordering it through them, it is about half the price!
They get gassy as they get used to the new foods... it just happens.

1:05 PM, March 25, 2006  
Blogger Blair said...

uhm, I meant warehouse, like Price Costco or Sam's club... if they have a pharmacy that is!

1:06 PM, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just surfed upon your blog and was immediately taken by your title. My mom had an Incompetent Cervix (yeah, definetly named by an arrogant male). She had a late miscarriage, and another and finally, sadly, an almost to term baby die because none of the doctors could understand what was going on. I think they finally got the drift as she was ordered bed rest for most of my oldest brothers pregnancy, and my older sisters too. By the time I came along, and the three siblings that came after me her cervix 'behaved'. Very odd isn't it? All of us were born VERY fast (me almost in the toilet), within an hour. My mom is much older than you (now 66) but I thought you would be interested in hearing how things were way back when. Very sad. And I am so sorry for the pregnancies you lost :(

7:43 PM, April 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home