Saturday, March 31, 2007

On deck

I had my ultrasound yesterday. I've got a lovely egg 2.4 cm just ready to start its journey from my right ovary. My lining is nice and thick.

According to Susan, my ultrasound tech, I'll be pregnant by nightfall. She's very sweet and optimistic and wow wouldn't that be something if she was right. She is the one who detected Spencer's gender at the very wee age of 14 weeks-ish so I'd like to believe in her prescience.

I had quite a wait for my appointment and on that topic, what the hell is wrong with women who go nuts about having to wait for an ultrasound or your ob? I know what happened, someone lost their baby that morning and she needed our doctor and the tech a lot more than we did. I've been the woman in the back causing havoc on the day's schedule and clearly those having a tantrum at the poor receptionist are part of that carefree group who doesn't get what can happen. I find their naivete tedious at best and a part of me wanted to tell them all the bad things that could happen to them -- or more importantly, me!

My favorite part was chatting a bit with a woman I was sitting next to -- she was there for a first trimester scan and had needed to come back to see Susan. I didn't ask why, but figured they anticipated something might be wrong so I was so happy to see her emerge with pictures. Pictures are always good. She reported that the nuchal fold was ok...next up amnio. It felt so familiar and I was so happy for her -- thrilled really. I even got teary-eyed. It is entirely possible she thought I was nuts, but instead I think it was an important moment for both of us/ a kindred spirit on the same path -- knowing where we are going, just uncertain how we'll get there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Good luck with this one--may that 2.4 girly get with the program!

May the 2ww fly by with a very happy ending :-)

12:05 PM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Mother Hoodwink said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

5:34 PM, April 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home