Wednesday, May 07, 2008

But of course

I'm spotting. Not a lot, not bright red but unnerving just the same. I feel like I've written this post before! Maybe it is just what I do? I had an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning but instead will go in this afternoon. Hoping all is well, but after so many times at bat I know the possibile outcomes. So, fingers crossed. Deep breath. Ugh.

We've been a bit torn at our house lately. I think we have to find a new home for our dog. She's great with us but has this pesky habit of biting children. I'm slightly horrified at the number of kids she's nipped (I think four or five) and the last straw was last week. Spencer's friend was standing at the door ready to leave with her nanny. Gidget barreled toward them, bit the little girl on the back and kept running. What the hell?

She wasn't provoked, she wasn't defending anyone or anything, she was just acting like an ass. We're lucky she's a little dog or she could have really hurt someone by now and I wonder what we're waiting for. It is inevitable that she's going to hurt someone eventually so I think she doesn't get to have that chance. We've tried obedience classes, a private trainer and she continues to be really unpredicatable and occasionally aggressive with kids. There's an active rescue group in our area so hopefully we can find a good home for her without kids. I have no idea what we'll tell Spencer. He calls her his baby sister. Needless to say we are really sad and feel tremendous guilt but I think we're out of options.

So, feeling a little panicky and blue. Hoping that'll turn around in a few hours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping all went well today :-)

8:47 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger A Special One said...

I lost heathly beautiful twin boys at 20 weeks on New Years Day. You blog gives me hope.

mrsericalewis@gmail.com

6:56 AM, January 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home