Monday, May 14, 2007

Already taking a break

So the doomed cycle was, indeed, doomed. I was supposed to get a blood draw 7 days after ovulation but that was on a Saturday -- and of course day three is today, Monday, and my doctor doesn't work today. Instead of dealing with the frustrating/aggravating task of trying to get a prescription filled I'm just going to sit this month out.

I'm feeling so conflicted about another baby. I'm so madly in love with my son and our family and it really would be fine to stop now. But in the same breath, I want another one, I just don't know how hard I'm willing to try.

We were paid a very big complement by a family friend. He's a very thoughtful, sensitive guy and he's always trying to figure out how you really are. He asked lots of questions and said, you guys have it all -- you are living in the moment. You aren't looking for a new house or new jobs, you are happy with what you have. So true, and yet...

I'm due for my annual check up next month so I think I'll make an appointment, really talk about how successful/unsuccessful she thinks we'll be and leave with a prescription in hand. I already know that the next steps involve seeing in RE and I think we'll probably decide to be done at that point. I guess the thing is how do you know when it is time to pack in the sticks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home