Thursday, May 08, 2008

Over

Fourth time, not so charming.

No heartbeat. Baby stopped growing at 7 weeks.

My doctor wasn't in so we saw a new doctor. She was very sweet, giving her spiel I'm sure she gives to all parents who just miscarried. Sadly we probably have more first hand knowledge than she does about losing pregnancies. Really I just wanted to know if there was anything we needed to do/know before I speak to my doctor today. And, no, I don't think it was my fault.

I haven't heard from my doctor yet today. I'm sure the second I leave my desk she will call. I hope I can get a D&C scheduled as soon as possible. She doesn't work again until next Tuesday and I don't really want to wait until then. I considered a natural miscarriage for half a second and I don't think I can bear waiting what could be weeks for this to be over with. Plus I've heard it can be very painful and to be honest, this hurts enough.

I'm sad that mother's day is just around the corner and I'm reminded of just how astonishingly bad my odds have been for conceiving and carrying babies. I suspect we've gotten our one and only lucky break in this department and fortunately he's more than enough to make our family complete.

This sucks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry!!! Wish I had some magic words to take the pain away...

3:51 PM, May 08, 2008  
Blogger Monica H said...

Oh, Sarah. I am so sorry. I know how much you wanted this. And I'm sorry it happened right before Mother's day. Hell, I'm sorry it happened at all! My thoughts are with you during this time. Hang in there.

((HUGS))

6:53 PM, May 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am so very sorry. I wish there was more I could say to make this easier but I know there isn't. How I wish none of us never knew this heartbreak firsthand, especially not you.

6:58 AM, May 09, 2008  
Blogger Amnesia said...

I am so sorry. I know how you wanted this baby...how surprised you were and how much this meant to you. You have been through so much, and it just isn't fair, is it?

10:03 AM, May 09, 2008  
Blogger Mother Hoodwink said...

I'm so sorry. I wish you didn't have to go through this.

7:47 PM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger KMW said...

Ug.Blech. I'm sorry.

5:49 PM, May 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home