Friday, July 28, 2006

Working mom guilt

I feel like complete and utter shit.

My baby is sick. He's on antibiotics to address a respiratory illness. The antibiotics initially made him throw up, now he has terrible diarrhea. We tried him on acidophilus but only got one dose in before he stopped eating. He'll still nurse, and he's drinking bottles, but he's getting dehydrated and it it scaring me a lot. And I'm at work.

I talked to the doctor and we are going to discontinue the antibiotics. I talked to our nanny and he drank a bottle and ate a little yogurt and is now sleeping. And I'm at work.

When you are sick you want your momma. I feel so utterly selfish right now. I didn't have to work -- but then we moved and now I have to. Mainly it feels like my working is the best option for our family. But not today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Please go easy on yourself. I know it's easy to say and hard to do and I SO know where you're coming from with this post (I'm a working mom too).

Hoping his recovery is swift.

You're a good mother and you're doing a great job. That's the one thing to always remember.

12:28 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Tara said...

Hang in there. Your little guy will be better soon.

9:46 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger KMW said...

Hang in there. He will be better soon and things will be back on track. You're doing great!

11:49 AM, August 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home