Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Insult meet injury

My D & C was late yesterday. All things considered it went as well as can be expected.

Two things that feel like a sucker punch to the uterus:

Yesterday I went to work for awhile before I had to go to the hospital. I got an e-mail from a friend letting me know she's pregnant and they got the amnio results. A healthy girl. I'm happy for her, really. But the timing was just rotten. She's not a close enough friend to share what is going on with us so she'll never know just how much her news stung.

A few weeks ago I entered a giveaway on a website I frequent and found out today I won. A brand new diaperbag. Great.

One thing that did amuse me. A very dear friend e-mailed that she's very angry with my uterus. Me too. You have no idea.

4 Comments:

Blogger BasilBean said...

Sarah,
I'm so sorry. This is beyond not fair.

You're in my thoughts.

8:45 PM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger Monica H said...

Oh Sarah,

I am sorry- this is just rotten. I have been thinking about you the past few days and I hope things get better for you.

Yay for winning something! Send back the diaper bag and ask for a bottle of wine instead. I'll even have a drink with you.

10:01 PM, May 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn right, effing uterus.

Sorry about the casual friend's announcement timing being so incredibly crappy...I hate when the universe pulls that kind of bs, which it does all too often to those of us who've felt the repeated sting of infertility.

12:00 PM, May 15, 2008  
Blogger Amnesia said...

I don't even feel right saying that I am glad your D&C went well - but yet, I am glad everything is relatively OK. Anyway, I am glad you here, telling us about your life. I am sorry about what happened...it isn't fair. Your uterus needs to go to time out and learn how to play properly.

I am thinking about you...

8:45 AM, May 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home