Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Exercise in Futility

So I chatted with my friend on Friday. Her cervix is quite short (2.2 for those of you who know about such matters).

She's completely unfazed. Her doctor spoke to her about bedrest and she couldn't possibly do that because she has to work. I was pretty direct and said you don't want to lose a pregnancy at nearly five months, I promise. She feels invincible and said a couple of times "well the worst thing that can happen is I'll end up on bedrest." Um....no. Much worse.

I had the conversation because I felt like I owed it to her and I won't bring it up again. I just hope she's right.

On other fronts I'm doing ok. Still in a bit of pain a week after surgery and that makes me really mad. Enough already, really.

We're going to the Central Coast for five days starting Thursday. Will be a nice change of scenery and quiet. Then we come home and put our dog on a plane to go back to the breeder. Just yesterday Spencer called the dog his baby sister. Sorry kiddo, no baby siblings and soon no dog. I'm really worried he's going to be sad when the dog leaves but I think we've run out of options.

Lot's going on around here. None of it feels very good at the moment but I know in time we'll be back to normal. Whatever normal is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica H said...

"well the worst thing that can happen is I'll end up on bedrest."

I remember thinking like that, then my baby died. I hate to scare people, but they need to know that babies DO die. I hope she never has live the life we now live.

You're sending the dog back to the breeder, will/can they send you a different dog? Get him a goldfish or a hamster, it'll give him a sense of responsibility to have a pet that belongs to only him.

6:15 PM, May 20, 2008  
Blogger Laura said...

I know where you are coming from. I have incompetent cervix and I've spent som much time just trying to save the world. It's so hard because people do not know enough about it.

I made a website to try to help spread awareness. I had to close it down for a year because of lack of funds, but it's back up now. I'm still working on it. I'd love you to share your story on my site. Take a look and see if you're interested. It's at www.fightic.com

2:30 PM, June 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home